Wednesday, November 24

Grateful

Happy Thanksgiving day tomorrow!  Lots to be grateful for this year.  Teenagers who are becoming good young adults, mostly thru trial and error, and they are both doing well!  Twin four year old boys who stayed healthy this year and are growing in skills but both staying very sweet.  My husband and I are still small farming and got to raise turkeys this year, see our farm thru a tragedy in the spring, and still come out better and stronger and thankful for each and every animal we are given.  Grateful for a garden that produced almost 120 quarts of carrots, green beans, relishes and stocked our pantry with potatoes and onions and plenty of salads! 

Making four pumpkin pies today (two of them weight watcher version), stuffing, and this appetizer:  http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/11/sweet-potatoes-with-pecans-and-goat-cheese/

Most of all I'm looking forward to spending time with my mom and dad.  My dad is an open heart surgery candidate and we are just so grateful for everyday with him!   My sister Tami and her family (they are expecting their next bambino in April).  Visiting my sister Deb and her family at a quick stop.  And just plain relaxing and overeating.  Hope everyone is enjoying this special holiday.

Tommy Adventures