Tuesday, March 23

We are still here

I've been back from Florida for about a week and in just that short period of time so much has happened!

My dear friend Robert, who I have known for about 14 years and has been not only a treasurer to me as a friend, but a huge help with Hannah and Nate is moving away. Initially, I was shocked, surprised, and deeply saddened. Then I was trying to be happy for Robert and all the decisions that had been made. But then I just fell apart again and have to say I'm going to miss him.

The day before Hannah and I went to Florida for the cheerleading competition, these two little ones were born. They were born during the storm on March 12th so I named that after things that remind me of stormy weather. They are two little girls: Kindle (kindling wood to start a fire) and Gale (as in gale force winds and since we live next to the Strait of Georgia it is windy). We love the goat milk and cheese that we make.

And during this past week we have been outside walking in the nice spring weather (when it's not raining). We live next to a 1,500 acre wildlife preserve with a lake. And there lives a beaver. A big, fat, dark brown beaver. Over the past year we have watched his habits, studied the trees that he falls, learned about his underwater mud house and just plain get excited after dinner to walk to the lake and see the beaver.


This is my view as I push the double jogging stroller that usually Tommy and Liam sit in. Hannah crawled into it and claimed she was tired. Then Liam crawled on big sista's lap for a snuggle on the way to the lake. You can see Tommy running to the visit the beaver.


And then this happened. Overcome with love for his sis, Liam smooched her! I love my kids. Even Nate on his skateboard behind me when we were walking started saying "how cute". I love spring. I love the new baby animals on our little farm (chicks come first week of April and we have decided to raise 5 turkeys so those babies come June 5). I love my husband that supports all (most) of my ideas.

Almost to the lake and these two stopped for a breather. Tommy is *always* running so to see him standing still is a funny picture to me.
The next few days include two separate days at Children's hospital for pulmonary and Oto followups. Plus tomorrow night at 5:30 pm I'm going to a Sensory Integration workshop at St Joseph HEC. Colin will be heading out snowmobiling on Saturday to the glacier at Whistler (keep safe daddy). Hannah, Nate and I will be hitting the gym and a yoga class two nights. Whew! Tired just looking ahead.
I've got alot more to share and hopefully will get a chance this weekend. I want to talk about the topic of marriage (with children with dd) and tube feeding challenges.



Tommy Adventures