Thursday, February 21

The posts that never happened

I often quickly update my facebook with funny family events.  Joys of motherhood.  Trials of being human.  Feeling so human lately.  Very humbling life events seem to come all at once. 

And I forget that my friends all over the world (waving to those in Russia and Africa reading this) might like to read some of those quick updates.  So.  Here are the posts from facebook that never made it onto our blog.  Enjoy!  

-----------------

Got caught up on my mountain of laundry this weekend, only because I was sick and couldn't do anything else. So when the school bus pulled in the driveway this morning I grabbed Tommy's clean jacket from the pile and ran the kids onto the bus. So many of our jackets are hand me downs from cousins so some of the hood attachments are different and come with no instructions. So standing in the bus... I got Tommy's jacket on him, but there was a little black shiny fabric thing dangling from his Velcro and i thought it was a hood, so I squeezed my hands into it and kinda did a cat's cradle game with my hands to pry it open and squeeze his head into the "hood" (cursing my sisters who passed this contraption down to me), thinking there were eye holes in the hood but they were huge and by his ears, when all of a sudden the black "hood" shot out my hands and landed in the school bus aisle. Only then did I recognize that was my underwear.  My panties were laying there.  The morale of my story is ... catching up on your laundry is way over rated.


---------------

Yesterday, Hannah texted me "my dorm hallway smells like poop, makes me think of my little brothers.... makes me miss them." Ha ha. I'm still not sure how to take that comment.  Hmmm.

---------------

Thankful for my son Nate, he made dinner last night (yummy grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup) and completed all the farm chores (including feeding our turkeys which are the size of velasa raptors, in a rainy wind storm)....all with his little brother Liam glued to him, asking questions and hugging his legs. He is such a big help when Colin got called out to work and my sore throat got the better of me. Thank you Nate!

------------------
New years post:
An Evening Family Prayer
Lord, behold our family here assembled.
We thank you for this place in which we dwell,
... for the love that unites us,
for the peace accorded to us this day,
for the hope with which we expect the morrow;
for the health, the work, the food and the bright skies
that make our lives delightful;
for our friends in all parts of the earth. Amen.
- Robert Louis Stevenson


-----------------------
I've mastered a slow run for a mile, finally! Twenty pounds lighter over the past four months. Working out four times a week is the best "me" time so I can be a better wife and mom and ME!! Ideas for afternoon snacks while at work?    Oh, you should see all the comments with ideas on "at work snacks".  My favorite was roasted chickpeas with olive oil and cumin. 

---------------------

My daughter Hannah was asked to be the guest speaker tonight at an aa meeting. Since it was an open meeting we got to come and hear her speak. Blown. Away. She is such a poised and centered public speaker. She spoke for twenty minutes on the topic of "change" that occurs throughout sobriety. I learn so much from my kids everyday!






Tommy Adventures