Wednesday, March 12

Speech and Feeding therapy

Today our feeding therapist came to visit us at home. I ate strawberries, banannas and quartered grapes! I haven't really wanted to put any of the food in my hands though to feed myself. Why do that when daddy and mommy do a good job of placing food in my mouth? So our therapist put yogurt on my highchair tray and encouraged me to rub my hands in it (good and messy) and then put my hands to my mouth. I really didn't like that either, but mommy whispered that we will try more later.

Our wonderful feeding therapist A. is moving away. Big heavy sigh. We love her alot. She has seen us through our first year of feeding challenges. A NG tube for 10 months, then the Gtube, and all kinds of feeding solutions for me with my Hirschsprung's Disease. One of the biggest benefits to A. is that she is very sensitive to mommy feeling overwhelmed at times. She knows just what to say to mommy to make her feel less anxious. Bye bye A. we will miss you!

Tommy Adventures