Tuesday, October 20

Guest speaker #3 for 31 for 21

Get It Down; 31 for 21

From Grandma Sue (my mommy's mom):

Thinking of the many things to say regarding the great priviledge it is to be Grandma to this special little boy I will try to tell you a few of them. Before Tommy came into our lives, I never gave much thought to what the life is of a child with Ds. With the arrival of Tommy and Liam into our family, what a world of learning and understanding was bestowed upon us. To watch Tommy grow and teach us all so much is just the greatest wonder. He is so full of love and the desire to please. The other children in our family all regard Tommy as one of the bunch, which is the way it should be. If the world would all be as caring and as giving as these children and others with Ds are, what a beautiful place it would be. I cherish the days I get to spend with him and his brother. His begining to go to school this winter is a real wonder to me. Having the independence to further learn and develop at his age is more than some people accomplish. I have learned an enormous amount in the last 2 1/2 years from Tommy and look forward to the many years ahead of us. These past few years have given me a greater appreciation of the title "Grandma". I have the greatest appreciation of his entire family which includes his mother, father, sister and two brothers. Tommy has the greatest family and was wisely placed with them for a reason greater than we can understand. I love them all dearly and am so proud and honored to be one of his Grandmas!

Tommy Adventures